“Travel Data eSIM” service is available for iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR with eSIM. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano-SIM.
The eSIM on iPhone uses Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) technology, which means that both SIMs can be active at the same time, e.g. a physical SIM card, such as au IC Card for voice and SMS, while embedded eSIM for data.
What you need
- An iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR with iOS 12.1 or later
- Travel Data eSIM App
What you DON'T need
- Do not need a QR code
- Do not need an activation code
Your First Purchase
- Go to the App Store and download the Travel Data eSIM app
- Select Allow to let the Travel Data app send notifications (this is required to send you information when your data plan is running low)
- Open the app
- Select the data plan you would like to purchase, select Buy Now
- Select Buy Plan
- Create a Travel Data eSIM customer account. (If you are a Travel Data eSIM customer, you can just sign on to your account)
- Select Continue
- Select Add Cellular Plan
- Select Continue
- You will be presented with a Default Line screen; this screen is for you to select how you would like to use your eSIM. If you would like to use the data plan purchased on your eSIM immediately, select option 3 Use Travel Data Plan for cellular data only and you're set to go!
To confirm your Travel Data Plan eSIM is working, pull down from the top right of the screen to see the Control Center, on the top left of the Control Center will show your Primary SIM and your Travel Data eSIM with cellular signal strength.
****NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT EVER DELETE YOUR ESIM WITHOUT CONTACTING SUPPORT
For further Apple support on eSIM, you can visit the Apple eSIM support page at Apple eSIM.
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com or au support at ＋81-3-6670-6944.